On-Page and Off-Page SEO – I know that a lot of you who are beginning out there are constantly wondering how the big guys get so much traffic to their websites. Well, to be honest, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they have been doing internet marketing for years. So remember, be patient little grasshopper. You will get there.
But, for those of you constantly on the lookout for ways to generate more traffic to your website, I’ve outlined some more tips for you here on generating website traffic.
There are several ways to do this including “on-page” ranking and “off-page” ranking. If you’ve never heard of that term before, don’t worry. But at the same time it’s a very important distinction to know the difference. So here’s a brief summary for you.
“On-Page” SEO techniques:
- Bolding key words
- Underlining key words
- Italicizing keywords
- Using H1 tags in your header
- Using H2 tags
- Placing your keyword phrase at the very top left hand corner of your site and then again at the very bottom of your site
- Using alt image tags
- Keyword density, usually between 3-5%
“Off-Page” SEO Techniques
“Off-Page” SEO is referring to the following techniques:
- Which websites are linking to your site
- The number of websites that are linking to your site
- The Google Page Rank of the site linking to you
- The number of links that are linking to the site that is linking to you
- The type of links that are linking to the site that are linking to you
- The anchor text used in the links that are linking to you
- The IP addresses that are linking to your website
These are some of the key elements when you want to try to generate more traffic to your website. I will be drilling down into more detail in future articles.
Well, maybe I should rephrase that. These aren’t “tricks” they are necessities. For On-Page and Off-Page SEO you must learn how to optimize your site in order to rank well for “niche” keyword phrases.
If you are a beginner right now, you might even try to do some more research on how to generate more traffic to your website doing a Google search. It can be a long process, and don’t let anyone fool you and tell you that you can do it overnight. Just be consistent and you will be there in no time!
Now, at the same time, you can do it quicker than others if you understand exactly how to do it and what’s involved and pick up a few good tools along the way. I’ve spent countless hours and research on things that never worked. Hopefully this article cuts down on some of the research time and trial and error that will go into making your online marketing venture a success.